December 8, 2012

Christmas Trees and Happy Hanukkah

Earlier this week, I finally got the big Christmas trees in my house decorated. I always decorate our real Christmas tree on my own. I love having a real tree, but it is a pain to decorate. Often when you put a heavier ornament on a branch, it droops. So then I have to go and find a sturdier branch. That would drive Bri nuts, so I do that tree. And it turned out really pretty this year.

I also put up a fake tree in the master bedroom sitting area. Briana helps me decorate this tree. Some of the ornaments are a bit low on the tree for my taste, but I wasn't going to change it up - she did a super awesome job this year!

And this is our special China snowflake tree. We have all sorts of ornaments representing China hanging on it...








Bri also has a small decorated Christmas tree in her room, and I have one more little tree that we usually decorate with Looney Toons characters (it was a tradition Doug and I started when we were dating), but that one isn't done yet still. I am a bit more behind this year than I have been in past years.

I also want to wish my father and his side of the family along with my Jewish friends a very Happy Hanukkah!



1 Kind Words:

dawn said...

Wow, you have a lot of trees and every one is gorgeous. I wish I had thought of ornaments when we went to China ...BOTH times. Oh well live and learn.

I laughed out loud at the comment about Drooping branches and that driving Bri nuts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails