Saturday afternoon, Doug, Bri and I whisked my mom away for a fun afternoon in Midtown to see the Atlanta Ballet's Nutcracker at the Fox Theater.
Here are the ladies ready to go...
We let Doug come in for one picture... :)
Briana loves being in the city and seeing all the tall buildings...
Waiting for the ballet to begin (Daddy bought Bri a little lamb)...
The next three photos of the show I actually snagged off of the internet...
I was fascinated by the costumes of the party girls this year. They were beautiful and definitely had a Russian flair to them.
I have seen the Nutcracker several times, and this has been my favorite of all of them. It was just beautiful. And Briana almost jumped out of her chair when she saw the Chinese dancers come out on stage with red ribbons and lion dance costumes during Act 2. She was so excited. And I read online that students from the Atlanta Chinese Dance company were asked to perform the Chinese Tea Dance.
After a wonderful time at the Fox, we took my mom to a restaurant called South City Kitchen. It is so quaint and the food is phenomenal...
We got my mom back home around 7PM. Saturday was also the first night of Hanukkah. My dad said the blessing and lit the first Hanukkah candle...
I changed Briana into her jammies and she read and sang "The Twelve Days of Christmas" for Papa...
It was a very special day and night for all of us.




















1 Kind Words:
Lisa, this post made me feel quite teary for some reason, you have such a lovely family!
I'm so glad you spent a special evening with your mum and dad. Dx
Post a Comment