November 13, 2013

Disney Photo Albums

Well, it only took me 4 years to get this first set of Disney vacation albums done...



Our first trip to Disney World was in November of 2009. I would sit down and work on the albums a little while, need to stop and then get sidetracked for months at a time. I just couldn't seem to get it done.

While Bri has been in school this year, I finally sat down and finished this project! I printed all the pictures out myself. I added every sticker and taped/glued every snapshot by hand.

The albums turned out really nice and I am proud I got it done, but I decided that there was no way I was going to do my 2010 Disney World vacation albums the same way. The 2009 albums were a LOT of work.

So, I decided to make albums of our 2010 trip (we went in Nov also) through Shutterfly (and these only took me a week)...



They turned out amazing and I am so happy with them.

And the reason I wanted to get these done? We will be heading back to Disney next year. I couldn't go on a Disney vacation again without my albums being done! Ack!

It has been three years since we went to Disney World. Doug and I got pretty burned out on Disney after the 2010 trip and we had no interest in going back for quite a while. We are feeling that itch again, and I think Bri being there at age 7 will be awesome. She has already told me she doesn't remember much from the other two trips (which is not super surprising but does make me sad), so hopefully she will remember more from this one. It will be good family time for Doug, Bri and me - just the three of us.

4 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

Oh Lisa, I know..its really hard to get a minute to do something like that. But you will be so glad you did in years to come, my friend!

Its great to hear your heading back to Disney, I will be following along intently. We considered going next year too as Mark and I celebrate 10 years of marriage but we think G might be a little too young....not too young for Disney just too young to do the long haul from UK! But if we dont take the plunge next year then definetly it will be early 2015

To keep me going, I sometimes re-read our Disney posts, and its great to get some handy tips!!

Ps Hope Briana is having a better time this week, poor wee soul. I dread to think how Im going to cope when G comes up against this kinda of thing. Hugs D

Debbie said...

I meant to say "your Disney Posts" not "ours"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ani said...

7 really is the perfect age for Disney! We went last year when the kids were 7 and 3, and though the youngest had fun, our oldest really "got" the magic of it all. Enjoy!

Catherine said...

Beautiful albums!! I'd love to get back into scrapbooking too. You're an inspiration!

What a treat to have these done and now to be planning your next trip! Much has changed. I'm happy to help you in any way I can if you're interested.

7 is a great age for Disney and I'm sure she'll remember much of this trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails