December 22, 2013

Can't Catch A Break

With all the sickness we have had in our house, I've been so happy that Asia has seemed to be the healthiest one. After her surgery, she seemed to be her old self again and I was shocked and happy. She was running around - had most of her energy back. But when I got sick in early December, Asia started throwing up a bit. Not every day, but enough to make me wonder what was up. I wondered if maybe her food was not agreeing with her.

We have been in survival mode for about a month now with all our sickness, so Asia unfortunately had to go on the back burner. She seemed to still be eating and happy, so we weren't overly concerned.

This past week, she has been throwing up daily. We went on an overnight trip (Friday into Saturday) and we found she had thrown up 5 times while we were gone. She has nothing in her stomach and she is still trying to throw up. So, I asked Doug to please take her to the emergency vet (I'm staying home with Briana). I just don't want Asia to get dehydrated. But I'm worried. She is a cancer patient. And she is 15. I am very, very worried.

In the back of my mind, I have been bracing myself that this might be my last Christmas with her. But I never thought she would get this sick now.

 I'm not sure why our household can't seem to catch a break.

UPDATE (12/22/13, 7:21PM) ~

 Asia is home. She was given a medication for the vomiting and fluids for the dehydration. Blood work looked good but her xray showed some inflammation in her bowels. He felt some suspicious lumps in her stomach, but the xray didn't show anything there. She really needs an ultrasound tomorrow. If Asia didn't have the lumps and didn't have a cancer history, he would diagnose her with IBD. That could be it, but we just don't know. At least she is home and resting now.

3 Kind Words:

Andreea Hellen Red said...

OMG,I am so soory,I hope it's nothing serious!

dawn said...

That is way to much stress but Asia is so so so worth it. Sending you hugs mama.

Andreea Hellen Red said...

Me again,just to say Happy X-mas!I hope all is better with Asia!Kisses!

Related Posts with Thumbnails