We finally hit the peak in fall foliage in my neck of the woods and it has been really pretty.
This is the tree in my front yard...
It is so pretty.
I will do a full recap of the 2nd half of November soon, but I just wanted to pop in with a quick update.
My girl is HOME!
She is happy to be home. Doug and I are so happy that she is home. I know she is tired. The first quarter of college was definitely a huge adjustment and a learning experience. She went from being an only child - never having to share a tight space with anyone - to living with three other people who aren't the easiest to live with. And she had to adjust to all of it while taking classes (she aced all 3 by the way!) Hopefully this long break will give her the rejuvenation she needs for round two of higher education.
As for me, I walked with the walking boot for two weeks. Each day got easier on the bottom of my foot, but lugging around the heavy boot was really difficult. I already was weak from lack of activity and my calf had definitely lost muscle mass from lack of use. So - let's stick a heavy boot on all that and try to move around now! Which I did - but my knees and back are paying a heavy price now. It is going to take me a long time recover from this.
But...I am finally allowed to walk in sneakers! I got the ok from my doctor yesterday. I can go back to my boot at times for longer excursions or if I feel I need some support. I'm trying to walk normally, but I am hobbling a bit because of the compensation the rest of my body had to do to function during my recovery...
I have so much I need to do for the holidays. My mind is ready to go. My body - not so much.
Last night, Doug, Bri and I went to our favorite Cuban restaurant to celebrate my graduation to a shoe. I consumed a strawberry daiquiri - and it tasted so good. I had not had an alcoholic drink since before my surgery...
Just an FYI - I am still pretty exasperated about what happened on November 5th.
I have stated this before and I will reiterate it again - I will continue on living my life, I will find happiness whenever and wherever I can and I will put a smile on my face, but I will always remember that half of this nation said it is perfectly ok to have a morally corrupt person running this country. I cannot understand it and I am not going to try. People can try to spin it or justify it, but the truth is the person who was voted in is a nefarious individual and he surrounds himself with the same kind of people.
These next four years will be difficult for me - and even more difficult for a lot of other people. I will try to avoid as much press about the transition and future administration as I can. I have said many times before that m@ga is not the traditional Republican party. It is a whole other vessel now - one that enveloped the true Republican party (which is why a number of Republicans crossed the party line). It is a vessel that operates in cruelty and hate. Voting it out was really the only way to squash it in order to hopefully rebuild the right for the better, but that didn't happen. So now the m@ga talons will grow and sharpen. The first transgender congressperson is already being bullied by m@ga and she hasn't even been sworn in yet. This is just the beginning. So many marginalized groups are going to be hurt by this upcoming presidency. It breaks my heart. Bullish intentions with both words and actions have been already been fully and openly revealed.
Going forward, if anyone has difficulty coping with me knowing that I think and feel this way and that I will always think and feel this way, then you do what you have to do in regards to me. I will respect your decision...
Moving on from that...
Thanksgiving and Christmas are around the corner so I am trying to look forward to that though I am a little overwhelmed by it all. It is difficult trying to get back to "real life" when I had to take myself out of it for a while. But if I can get back to it after a full-blown pandemic, then I can do it now.
Here is a sneak peek of my downstairs Christmas tree (I will post about that soon)...
Hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving and I'll be back soon!








0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment