November 12, 2024

Gaining Clarity

I have calmed down since last week, but I still feel very betrayed. It will take a very, very long time for me to get past this - if I ever do. Honestly, I never truly got over the covid crisis. This feels even worse.
 
I really tried to have hope that somehow people would see the light, but deep down, I knew it probably wouldn't happen. Misogyny, racism, misinformation, disinformation and bad behavior sadly won the day last week. It is what it is. I thought an insurrection could be (and should have been) the nail in the coffin for its citizens. But, people will only see what they want to see, will look away if they can't face hard truths or will twist the story to fit their narrative - even when the facts (with receipts) are staring them in the face. 
 
I have to look at my daughter now and say we probably won't see a female president/leader in our lifetimes. Maybe not ever. Not in this country.

I'm seeing a number of memes floating around about being mature and agreeing to disagree. Well, I don't see the left screaming voter fraud, spreading a big lie and supporting an insurrection. Just saying.

So, I have clarity now. A lot of it. We will see what happens over the next four years. I pray Doug, Bri and I will get through it safely. I am grateful my daughter is at the college she attends. I have to hope my parents don't lose their medicare and social security. I think it may be an eye opening four years for some people who don't understand what could possibly be coming their way. I guess we will see how it all unfolds...

It has been difficult staying away from the news and anything to do with this returning administration, but I am trying hard. I am hearing things of course. I am so used to being on the pulse of everything current events - and I kind of feel like my arms have been cut off. I'll somehow learn to adapt.
 
 So once I am back on my feet (which will still take a while), I will have to assess some things and figure out next steps in my life. And speaking of steps, I take my first steps in a boot since my surgery tomorrow.

 I will go back to my "regular programming" in my next post - if you still want to follow me. I may have lost some followers, but I won't censor myself in my own space. 
 
My girl will be back home on Friday, and I cannot wait to have her home for the holidays. She won't go back to school until January.
 
So, I'll be back soon. Hopefully in a happier frame of mind.

1 Kind Words:

Sherry said...

I feel the exact way that you do. I am grieving for our country. I don't understand their thought process in voting for him. He is a bigot, sexist, misogynistic and evil man. He is obviously a narcissist and they are just feeding his ego. He is a felon. Instead of going to prison he is going to the White House. They somehow were able to justify January 6? How? I don't get it. I feel fear for a lot of things for the next four years.

Related Posts with Thumbnails