Obviously, our sweet girl was at college this year on Halloween, so it was just Doug and me keeping up the Halloween spirit in our house.
When Briana visited us at the beginning of October, Doug surprised us by decorating the inside of the house for Halloween (which is something I usually do for the holidays) because he knows Bri and I love it and that I couldn't do it this year. I have to say that looking at the decorations throughout October did lift my spirits (and he did a great job!)...
I have had to spend so much time in the guest room, Doug put some light up eyes on my window to cheer me up...
He decided to add purple lights a few day later for an even cooler effect...
Doug and I watched both The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and Garfield...
Briana celebrated Halloween at school...
I did buy one pumpkin in Elljay to carve, and I used all my colored light power on it...
My brother in law and sister in law sent me this adorable fruit basket as a get well gift and a Halloween treat!
Doug and I sent Briana a fun/cute Halloween gift (orange meowchi)...
Halloween day rolled around. We watched the season finale of Agatha All Along (such a good series)...
Our Halloween lunch and dinner...
When the trick or treaters started arriving (they started coming around 6pm), poor Doug was responsible for all the doorbell rings. We had around 80 kids come to our door that night! I am so happy that we have a ring camera because I got to see all the trick or treaters - I don't feel like I missed too much!
This special needs boy came to our door twice for candy (our house is pretty cool!) and he was more than welcome to do so. He gave Doug a fist bump after the second visit. So sweet...
So that was our Halloween season. We definitely missed Briana, but we made the most of it - even with my lame foot! I will be happy to be on my feet next year at Halloween time so I don't have to watch everything from the sidelines!























0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment