November 2, 2024

A Trip To Ellijay

Before I transitioned to my boot, Doug and I decided to drive up to Ellijay to have some lunch and stop at a couple of our favorite farmer's markets. The splint was a lot lighter and easier for me to scoot around on my knee scooter, so I am glad we went when we did. I was nervous because I hadn't ventured out like this with my situation, but I needed to get out of the house desperately. We always went up to Ellijay each fall with Briana to eat, shop and pick apples, so things were definitely feeling different for sure.

The drive up to Ellijay was lovely. The autumn leaves were definitely beginning to pop...

We first stopped at our favorite bbq place - Colonel Poole's BBQ...

The restaurant was sold a couple of years ago and the new owners have done a wonderful job keeping up the tribute to the previous owners. The food is a slightly different but still so delicious. And instead of ordering at the counter, now you order at your seat. 

I got a pork sandwich and Doug got the brisket...

Here are links to our previous visits (that I actually blogged about) to Poole's...
  
 
Doug and I started eating there before Briana came along! She was very sad when I told her that her father and I ate there without her, so I think we will be taking another trip up there around Christmas to make up for it!

After a delicious lunch, we stopped at Panorama Farm Market...


We walked away with a bunch of goodies and a pumpkin to carve.

Next up was Penland's...
 

We left with fried apple pies and hot boiled peanuts.

I was hoping that there might be a motorized scooter for me to use at the market but there wasn't one. I used my knee scooter the entire time and I actually navigated it all quite well. 

It really was a wonderful day. We missed Briana though.

I was pretty tired after visiting those places, so it was time to head home. Up to this moment, this is the biggest adventure that I have had since the surgery. I am starting to go a bit stir crazy and need to figure out another easy outing that I can accomplish on a scooter. I seriously cannot wait to get back on my feet!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails