May 15, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend Recap

I had a perfect Mother's Day last Sunday. I spent it with Doug and Bri and it was so relaxing and enjoyable. They both really spoiled me.

I always love spending Mother's Day in nature...

We went to a lake/state park near our home to have a picnic. It had rained the day before and it was still overcast when we arrived...

There were just a few people around fishing and walking the trails when we first got there. We picked a quiet picnic table and had our lunch...

Another family showed up and put their canoe in the water...

Briana and Doug did a little exploring...



Pictures with my sweetie...


My two loves...




Doug playing with the camera a bit...

After our lunch, we decided to walk around the trail...




Doug pretending to throw Bri off the boat dock...

There are a couple of swings to sit on - we sat there quite a while. Briana wasn't happy I was taking so many pictures of her. She got a little crazy...  :)



She got some cuddle time with mommy and daddy...



We stayed a few hours and then headed home. The sun started coming out - it started to really warm up (it was already a bit muggy). And it was starting to get a bit more crowded as well. We timed it perfectly.

 Backing up a bit, Doug and Bri made me cinnamon rolls for breakfast MD morning...

Saturday, they gave me some MD gifts a bit early...

Sunday morning, I received more presents from Doug and Bri. Doug bought me some beautiful jewelry and Bri made me a book. She received a book making kit from my mom a couple of years ago. She actually started drawing on/in the book last summer and then put it to the side - and I think forgot about it. She decided right before Mother's Day she wanted to finish it and give it to me. :)

(B has learned how to spell "ice cream" since she first started the book last summer - *snort*. I think the misspellings make the book much more charming. :D )...





My gal is the sweetest!

And the Friday night before MD, Bri and I met my mom, my sister and my nephews at Cracker Barrel for an early MD get together (my sis was going out of town for the weekend). 

Bri was gussied up for the dinner...

We had a great dinner and Bri always loves seeing her cousins. She is so patient and sweet with N2...

After dinner, we exchanged gifts. I had this pillow made for my mom...


My mom and sister also got me some great gifts including jewelry and lotions. I feel so loved. :)

It was a rainy night, so we pulled out the umbrella...

My girl - always smiling.

And last but not least, Bri made this at school for me...

Being a mom is just so cool.

1 Kind Words:

RamblingMother said...

what a fun day. love the book she made you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails