May 5, 2014

Passover/Easter Recap

I know, I know. Easter/Passover was weeks ago. I've been pretty busy. I'm finally getting a chance to write about it!

Briana dressed up to go over to my parents' house the night before Easter. She decided to add her bunny ears...



As you all know, my family celebrates both holidays - Easter and Passover.

My mom made a delicious dinner. My sister suggested taking a pic of the yarmulkes and the bunny ears. Quite appropriate! LOL!

Bri played with Cousins N1 and N2...

After dinner, we started reminiscing about Passover meals at my grandmother and grandfather's house when I was a kid. There were a lot of cousins - and we would hide a piece of matzah in the house and my grandfather would try to find it. If he couldn't find it, all the kids got a dollar. Of course, he never found it. ;)

This year, we decided to continue the tradition. Bri and Cousins N1 and N2 hid the matzah from Papa. The shrieks of laughter as my dad looked for it were priceless. Somehow, he didn't find it (heh)...


I got a dollar!!!

It had been raining all day, but we had promised the kids an Easter egg hunt. So off to the basement we went...



The kids had the best time looking for eggs...

We got home kind of late that evening, but we had to put out carrots for our favorite bunny. And Bri made him a special card...

The next (Easter) morning, the carrots were gone and he had left B a special note...

She found her basket...


Elsa!!!!!

And goodies from Gramma...


I know Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, but the sun finally came out and it was a gorgeous day. We had company coming the following weekend and we needed to do some work in the yard. I love working in the yard on pretty days and it felt so nice being in nature on Easter. That afternoon, Doug and I mulched our flower beds and Briana pulled baby pines that were starting to grow on our hill...


Bri and I walked over to the little creek area next to our house. It was the prettiest day...




We try to enjoy as many beautiful days outside as we can. In Georgia, when it hits June, the heat starts to get pretty serious!

That evening, Doug grilled lamb chops. Delish!

Hope you all had a blessed Easter. We certainly did.

2 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

Gosh Lisa, B is looking so grown-up and getting more beautiful to boot! Love that you spend your special "dates" with your family :)

Oh and by the way, when you have your garden finished, fancy coming to do ours??!!!

Tracy said...

That monster mini golf looks so cool! I love all the pics of B having fun :) Happy Anniversary! <3 <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails