June 27, 2015

Super Party Saturday

June is a crazy month for birthdays in my family.

My sister and I are almost exactly two years apart in age. Her birthday lands just three days before mine. So, we are actually 1 year and 362 days apart in age. ;)

Doug's brother does not live close enough to celebrate with us in person, but his birthday lands on June 21. 

And then, my sister's son N2 was born on June 22 and he just turned 3.

In the midst of all that, Father's Day hovers all around our birthdays too. It is all very chaotic, but we make it work!

So last Saturday, we decided to celebrate all things birthday and Father's Day at one time.

First, we had a small bowling birthday party for N2. It happened to be cosmic bowling that day, so everything was glowing. Very cool.

Briana talking to the birthday boy...

Bri bowled quite well that day...


Doug did well too...

Bri and cousin N1 waiting their turn...

Bri with Gramma and Papa...

 As for me, I wasn't feeling 100% that day and was kind of off a bit. I ended up bowling a 44. I haven't bowled a 44 since I was a kid. Ugh - horrible.

A few of the adults decided to bowl a second game and the kids wanted to play in the arcade...



As much as they like to bowl, I think the arcade game playing won the afternoon with the kids!

We went back to my sister's house and I gave N2 a pretty cool toy fishing set and some books...

Then it was time to shift gears and celebrate an early Father's Day...



The men/dads all really liked their gifts!

Finally, it was time to shift gears once again for my sister's and my birthday shindig.

My sister's birthday was a special one. So special in fact, my amazing mom bought two cakes this year...


She also got us these cute hats...

And then we opened our gifts...


Briana couldn't wait to sink her teeth into some cake...

It was a great (yet ambitious!) day, and we were able squeeze in a lot of fun celebrating. I really have a wonderful family - I count my blessings each day for sure.

2 Kind Words:

Always wear your tiara said...

That day should have just been called, the day we ate cake and said, happy ------ fill in the blank. LOL

how fun. it must be so lovely to have all you family so close. Of couse in my opinion it would be so awesome if they were still so close to this hood!

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!! Looks like you had a ton of fun celebrating so many happy occasions together!

Related Posts with Thumbnails