June 2, 2015

The Last Day Of School Party

This is the last time I will be blogging about the 3rd grade ~ sniff.

The party started about 10:30 and this was the message on the white board...

The kids started the party by painting "pet rocks"...


Then it was time to get silly in the "photo booth"...






It was a super fun idea and the kids absolutely loved it.

Bri liked the "photo booth", but she was actually more interested in food that morning. She was pretty hungry...

While a lot of the kids were grouping up (saying "hey so and so, come take a picture with me!') and letting the parents take silly picture after silly picture, Briana sat down and munched on two plates of food instead. In that moment, my own worried feelings started creeping in of B "not being included" or maybe not being the most social or popular kid in the class. But honestly, she seemed totally fine just sitting and eating. I think she was just done taking pictures. I have to try harder not to impose my own insecurities on her because she doesn't really seem to have any (at the moment).

I did ask B to take a picture with her good friend Alena (right) because they have been in the same class for 4 years straight (her friend Jocie was in the picture too). It would be wonderful if the streak continued next year...

And wonderful Mrs D. She was an amazing teacher for Briana this past year. She will be greatly missed next year...

Doug and I decided to check Bri out of school right after the party. Not much was going to happen in the next hour anyway.

We were very happy to run into Bri's running coach before we left the building...

3rd grade was really great. There were a lot of projects and I wasn't a fan of the GA Milestones testing, but overall, it was a terrific year.

Next stop ~ 4th grade. And in 4th grade, Bri will have two teachers. Should be interesting!!!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails