June 14, 2015

Another Carefree Week Down

Last week was another camp free week for Miss B. Bri likes camp weeks, but I think she enjoys camp-free weeks even more. She's the type of kid that loves her down time. She loves to relax, chill out and sleep late! 

Monday morning, Bri and I went to our neighborhood pool and stayed three hours. We swam, soaked in the sun and ate lunch poolside...

Right before heading out, a butterfly kept flying all around Bri. It finally landed on her toes and wanted to stay there...


She managed to get it to hop on her finger too...


It was refusing to fly away! Very funny! Then some other little girls at the pool got wind of what was going on with Bri and the butterfly, so they started to try to catch and play with it too.

Bri and I had been at the pool for hours, so it was time to move on anyway.

Bri and I were kind of wiped out from the pool day the day before, so we took Tuesday super easy. I painted Bri's fingernails and toenails (and my own as well) and when Doug took a break from work, he told Bri she could paint his toenails. She thought that was the most awesome thing ever...

What a guy!!!

Wednesday was a full day! It was a Briana/Gramma ladies lunch and shopping day and Bri was super excited...

Briana got dressed in her new rainbow dress...

 More on their shopping adventure in my next post!

Wednesday evening was amazing. Bri and I got to meet Sandra, Jazzie and Tahlia. Yes, THE Sandra, Jazzie and Tahlia. I have followed Sandra's blog since before Briana came home from China and her blog is one of my very favorite blogs to read (though she is on FB more now). I use her recipe each year to make mooncakes. She blogged about her Disney trip years ago and I used a lot of her tips/advice to plan my first trip there. Her girls are a few years older than Bri, so I get glympses of things that I might encounter with Bri one day.

Sandra posted that she was going to be driving through my neck of the woods on her way to Florida. I found out that she was staying the night at a hotel close to where I live, so we decided to meet for dinner. I'm so glad we did!

Sandra and her girls are so lovely, friendly and welcoming. I think Sandra and could have talked for hours if we had the opportunity! I couldn't believe we were taking a picture of our girls all together. It was very surreal...


Driving Bri home from dinner, we spotted this beautiful sunset...

Since Wednesday was so busy, we just hung around the house on Thursday. Bri's friend Chani was coming to spend the night on Friday, so we made sure we finally got Bri's playroom in order...

Her Lego village...


The playroom was clean and straightened ~ except for the barbie corner. That still kind of looks like a bomb hit it. ;)...



Briana asked all Friday morning when Chani was coming over. Chani was due to arrive in the afternoon. And then she finally arrived (happy day!!)...


 More on the sleepover adventures in another post!

Briana starts her first camp in the morning (a cooking camp!). She's looking forward to it, but she isn't looking forward to having to wake up at a specified time. She'll definitely have an earlier bedtime tonight!

It was another great week of summer. I've loved these two weeks of mom/daughter time!

0 Kind Words:

Related Posts with Thumbnails