March 12, 2013

Girls Weekend (Briana and Me)

Doug left on Thursday for a belated 40th birthday trip with a few guy friends to Las Vegas. Briana and I had a total girls weekend while daddy was away.

Briana had her first soccer practice on Thursday evening. She usually practices Tuesday evenings, but it always seems to rain on Tuesday. So it was moved to Thursday - it was actually a bit chilly that evening. Bri was so happy to see her old teammates...

Bri went to school on Friday, and Friday evening, Bri and I met Amy, Garrett and ML at Panera for dinner. Love these two girls...

Saturday morning, Briana and I headed to the soccer field for Bri's first game. She was a total rock star! 5 goals and lots of assists (I will blog more about it in my next post). It was pretty chilly, so Bri kept her jacket on for the first 15 minutes of the game. Then she warmed up a bit after all that running and took it off...


Celebratory lunch - Panera again! Her choice! She loves to dip her bread in tomato soup...


Saturday afternoon, we just chilled out. Then Saturday evening, she and I watched "Fashion Star" on the DVR...

It was funny watching the show with Briana. It was amazing listening to all of Bri's critiques of the fashions walking down the runway (what she would change, what she liked and didn't like). Then she told me "I have my own style." She is soooo totally going to be on that show one day.

Then I told Briana she could sleep in my bed with me on Saturday night. She was thrilled! We watched "Barbie and the Pink Shoes" movie and then turned in for the night around 10PM. She was excited to stay up kind of late and sleep in my bed!

Sunday morning, we headed to a playground that B had been eyeing near the soccer fields...



She had a lot of fun at first (there were two little kids she befriended), then the playground got a bit crowded. And the group of kids that occupied the playground were a bit rambunctious. Bri wasn't digging it and neither was I, so we eventually left.

 It was lunchtime and we headed to Bri's favorite Chinese restaurant for Lo Mein...

We then went to the playground in our neighborhood and Bri played for another 1.5 hours. She ran into a few friends and really enjoyed the beautiful day...

Preston...


The weather over the weekend was so beautiful. Highs in the 60's. Perfection.

I thought a lot of outside play would be good for Briana on Sunday because of the time change. I needed her to go to bed at a decent time that evening even though her body was going to tell her it was an hour earlier.

Daddy got home around 7:30 Sunday evening and we really missed him.

Briana was in bed by 8:30 and promptly fell asleep. Booyah!

I would say it was a very successful girls weekend! 

1 Kind Words:

Catherine said...

What an awesome girls weekend filled with much time together! That's the best!! Glad you had such a great one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails