March 20, 2013

My Sensitive, Caring Girl

Briana is an ultra sensitive child and is extremely caring. When she loves someone, she will really go out of her way to show you.

I received an out-of-the-blue e-mail from Briana's former kindergarten teacher a couple of weeks ago telling me that Briana makes her day nearly every day because Bri goes out of her way to hug her whenever Bri sees her. She said that Bri is the sweetest little girl and that Bri brings her such joy. What a wonderful e-mail to receive! I was pretty proud. :)


Since Briana doesn't have brothers or sisters, her cousins and friends often fill that "sibling" role. Briana's good friend Kira is 4 years younger than Briana, and Kira (who is also an only child) looks up to Briana in that "big sister" type role. 

Here is Briana reading to Kira the other night on her iPad...

It was so cute because she would allow Kira to "turn" the pages (you swipe the iPad to turn the page) when Briana was done reading that page. Briana is so patient with Kira and it is really fun to watch.

There are times I worry about how sensitive Briana is. But, I think I rather have her more sensitive than not sensitive enough.

Briana is also very sensitive when it comes to her stuffed animals too. She has a ton and won't allow me to get rid of any of them. I know that rationally that she knows dolls/stuffed animals are not real or alive, but she gets so attached to them - she seems to think they have feelings. As we all know, she still has her lifeline favorite doll Pink Baby.

My mom said that this commercial reminded her of Briana and her imaginary friends (and I totally agree)...


I am so crazy about my super-sensitive, caring gal.

4 Kind Words:

dawn said...

Jeez, I wonder who taught her to be a kind and caring little girl??? Huh? Great mummy moment, own it, you deserve it.

That commercial is brilliant, i haven't seen it before.

Debbie said...

I agree with Dawn.....she is learning from you!

Gracie loves that advert...cant tell you how many times she has asked me to play it :)

Our Family said...

We were just watching something on TV about kids and their attachment to stuffed animals and blankets etc. They did this test that if you duplicated the animal/item, the child could always 100% of the time pick out the original item. There is some sort of connection. I see mine all the time talking and pretending with their things. I think it is all a part of childhood. Emotionality, I think that is what they called it on the show:)
Really cute to have this experience.

Ani said...

I think kindness and a geniune interest for others are amazing qualities, both are things that you can emulate, but that innate goodness is precious and can't be taught. Bri is the total package: smart, sassy, athletic and a good person - you are one lucky mom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails