If you have been reading my blog long enough, you know that Doug, Briana and I are Catholic. Briana was baptized in 2009.
Today is Palm Sunday.
And as you all know, the new pope was elected a couple of weeks ago. This is a huge event in the Catholic religion. It is an even bigger event right now because popes never step down from their posts, but Pope Benedict felt the need to do so due to poor health. Traditionally, a pope passes away and then new pope is elected. Yesterday, the former pope and the new pope had a visit - and that is the first time that has happened in over 600 years.
The day that Pope Francis was elected and announced to the world was on a Wednesday, and I take Briana to PSR class on Wednesday afternoons.
When I arrived at the church, the church bells were ringing and they rang for an entire hour. There was a buzz and an excitement in the air and all around church that afternoon. It was pretty neat.
I snapped a picture of my church from the bottom of a hill and also recorded some of bell ringing...
It is definitely not an event you witness every day.


0 Kind Words:
Post a Comment