May 6, 2014

Keeping Busy This Spring

I cannot believe Briana only has three weeks of school left. How is it possible that I am going to have a 3rd grader the next school year?

I pretty much fell out of taking pictures of Briana each morning before school when I got sick back in Dec, but I did manage to take a couple of pictures lately when she looked really cute in the morning (and she and I were both in the mood for it - heh)...




Spring is definitely here and I managed to fill my planters with flowers before our company came. It was colder for a lot longer this winter, so my planting was delayed. And the pollen (that nasty, yellow kind that coats everything) was delayed as well. My porches were completely covered in a layer of yellow dust and I needed to get those clean right before our guest arrived...


The pollen is letting up a bit and we've had a number of beautiful weather days lately. Bri and I took advantage of them with play dates. We had one at the park with Emma...


We had another one with Ella...


We had some work done in our backyard. We have had major drainage issues that caused a nasty trench to form in half of our backyard. We have a beautiful rock bed to help out now (pictures to come).

Briana also attended a birthday party for her good friend T (on the right). It was on a beautiful, warm Sunday afternoon, so the indoor mini golf place was pretty empty except for the party kids. It was nice having the place to ourselves!

It was such a cool place. We had never been there before...

Monster mini golf!!!!



Bri loved playing all the games too...

Especially the killing the dinosaur game...


And Saturday evening, I had a wonderful dinner date (and a movie) with my best guy to celebrate our anniversary...

Briana is officially done with 2nd grade PSR now (she had one more class after her first communion), and she played in her final soccer tournament of the 2014 spring season. We had our end of season soccer team dinner as well. (Posts on these to come.)

I'm bracing for May because things always get pretty busy at school toward the end of the year - spring fling, field day, end of the year party, etc.

I cannot believe summer is around the corner!

1 Kind Words:

Tracy said...

That monster mini golf looks awesome! Love all the pics of B having fun. And Happy Anniversary to the happy couple!

Related Posts with Thumbnails