June 9, 2015

First Low Key Week Of Summer Vacation

I promised myself that I was going to do my very best to have a really good balance of activities and down time for Briana this summer - and I think I am doing pretty well so far. I decided not to schedule any camps or make any huge plans for Bri the two weeks right after school ended so that she could decompress and just have fun. I am lucky/blessed that I am able to do that for her because I know there are lots of people out there that may not have that same opportunity (if they have to work, etc).

 We had a very busy weekend coming out of the gate after school ending and our whole weekend was filled. So the first Monday of vacation, Briana asked if she could just have a pj day (as you can see above). She just wanted to watch TV, play in her playroom, play on the computer/iPad and chill. I was happy to oblige. Doug had to go out of town on business on Monday and Tuesday.

Tuesday, Aunt Amy and Cousins N1 and N2 came over to play on our blow up water slide. This is the slide my good friend Carole (who sadly passed away in March) gave to me last summer for Briana. I was happy it was my nephews that were the ones to be the first to use it with Bri this summer...



Snow cones were a must that day...


It was a perfect summer afternoon.

Wednesday, I took Bri to the mall to get some new Crocs...


The Crocs store had a buy one, get one 50% off day, so we walked out with two pair. And we also walked out of the mall with two new dresses and a new backpack for school. (I'm a total sucker.) At least I walked out with something for myself too - two new watch batteries. Yay me - heh.

We also grabbed some lunch at the food court. My kid is super scary when eating lo mien noodles (and these were crazy long)...


And how can you not stop and ride a pretend roller coaster...

Thursday evening was my date with my parents, sister and Barry Manilow. Bri and Doug had a daddy/daughter evening. The concert was the present my sis and I gave my parents for their 45th wedding anniversary. The concert was so awesome! More on that in another post...

And Friday was another quiet day. I was super tired from my late Thursday night, so Bri and I stayed close to home. Except D, B and I did eat out that evening at one of our favorite local Italian restaurants. Bri took this pic of me...

It was a great week. And it flew by so quickly. I can't believe we are in week 2 of vacation already. Time does fly when you are having fun.

I'm glad last week was fairly quiet because our weekend ended up being quite busy. We had our referral day anniversary, our backyard was redone and we went to the baptism for a beautiful little girl. More on that soon!

2 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

What a great start to Summer!!! Im sure you will have loads to write about. Ps looking forward to seeing your garden :)

Always wear your tiara said...

perfect laid back-ness. Sometimes you just hav eto hit the brakes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails