I need a break. And I'm actually not talking about bloggy break.
Life is good. All the smiles I put up on this blog are very real. I promise. But no one can be happy 100% of the time. You know that. I know that.
I'm not trying to be whiny or have a pity party, but I am legitimately feeling "off kilter" lately.
I've had a couple of very busy weeks including a very busy weekend (which I plan to blog about), so maybe all that is adding to my feeling of being "overdone."
I'm not trying to be whiny or have a pity party, but I am legitimately feeling "off kilter" lately.
I've had a couple of very busy weeks including a very busy weekend (which I plan to blog about), so maybe all that is adding to my feeling of being "overdone."
I'm feeling the need to take a break from everyone and everything. I need to decompress. Doug travels quite a bit. I am a full-time stay at home mom, so I'm in "parent mode" pretty much 24/7. I unexpectedly lost one of my best friends in March. I sometimes overextend myself or say yes to things I shouldn't to make other people happy. I'm guess I'm just tired of being "on" all the time.
And I'm starting to feel some anxiety - and that's not good.
And I'm starting to feel some anxiety - and that's not good.
Please don't get me wrong. I love my life. I love being with Briana. I love being with Doug. I love being with friends and family. But, I am never alone for an extended period of time - taking quiet time for just me.
I haven't had extended time away from Briana in over three years. I've only had two trips away from Bri ever. In April 2012, I was away from her for 5 days when I went on my 15th anniversary trip to Napa with Doug (which was a wonderful vacation). And then last year, I went to FL for a couple days to attend my grandmother's funeral (which was a very sad trip). Those are the only extended periods of time that I have ever been away from Bri ~ and Bri is almost 9 years old.
I am not saying that I don't like being with my kid. I love spending time with her. I love going on vacation with her. She is my everything and you all know that. But parents do need to get out of "parent mode" every once in a while.
I have a date nights with Doug and girls nights out here and there. And Bri might spend the night at my mom's house or a friend's house every once in a blue moon. It helps rejuvenate me a little bit, but lately, it's not helping enough.
I've been thinking about going somewhere - not too far - for just a couple days on my own. Doug keeps telling me I just need to go and do it. But it seems like important things keep popping up that don't allow me to get away. Doug travels often during the week, so a getaway would most likely need to be on a weekend and my weekends have been pretty full lately.
It's frustrating.
We will be taking a relaxing family vacation for a few days quite soon, so hopefully that will pull me out of this icky, anxious place that I seem to be in right now. And if it doesn't, I will be scheduling some "me" time sooner than later.


3 Kind Words:
you can't be a good mom or wife if you don't take care of yourself. get your time alone!!
I understand this feeling. I actually get more me time now than ever before but I do not recommend my method. I get every other Sunday. It's meant to be much more than that and that I would hate so this is perfection. I hope you feel calm, and soothed again soon. How about a spa day. I am having one very soon and I cannot wait, an entire day at the spa withthe focus on you!
You need to take care of yourself so you can keep taking care of others! Schedule your me time ASAP!
Post a Comment