* Update! - I realized that I didn't say that Doug doesn't have to wear the orange apron to work since he works at the HD corporate office, but he does have to keep it at his desk and is required to wear it once in a while! *Doug has a new job! He started work last week in the IT department for The Home Depot (corporate). Monday, he had orientation at corporate the entire day. Tuesday, he was required to go to a Home Depot store for training. It was a great way for Doug to see how a store operates. As you can see, he was given an official orange apron and an "I'm in training" button. The picture below is of Doug before going to the store. He was VERY nervous. I didn't hear from him all day, but he called me when he was driving home that evening and told me what a blast he had. His favorite part of the day - mixing paint. Unfortunately, some of that paint ended up on his jeans.
The rest of the week went really great. He has already met a lot of great people and has signed up to play golf with the guys in his department. So, I think he is fitting in really well. The only icky part of working for HD is the commute. But, that is the price you pay for living in the Atlanta area. Let's hope things keep going smoothly!

18 Kind Words:
Congratulations on the new job, Doug! Sorry about the paint on the pants, but the rest of the day sounds great!
Good luck on the golf course! :)
Congrats t Doug! Maybe he and Eammon can do lunch :-)
Congrats, Doug!! He looks so cute in his apron! :)
He'd love when I come by. I keep the HD paint dept. HOPPIN'. (All that paint has to come from somewhere ;0)
Congrats Doug, orange is your color!!
Good on ya Doug! TeeĆng up golf days already?!!! (hahaha! pun intended!)
:) Congrats on the "Thinking Blogger" Nomination! You deserve it! I love reading your blog!
Heh, love the apron! I'm glad to hear that Doug had a blast on his first day!
Love the new look!! Congrats on the new job!
Congrats on the new job!! HD...nifty place to work. I think your Honey Do list might get longer after being exposed to all the home renovation goodness!
Keep smilin!
oh lordy! I always run into HD for ONE thing, and come out with 20!!!!!
have fun Doug!!
I don't think ANYONE that doesn't live here really knows what Atlanta traffic is all about!
gosh, I re-read my comment and I sound drunk with that last sentence! I meant to say that you have to live in Atlanta to understand the traffic problems....does that sound less drunk?
That is wonderful! Hey, does he get a discount as a HD employee? If so, maybe my husband should get a second job there :-)
Awesome. Commutes do stink, but there everywhere not just Atlanta :) Try driving in the LA area, or DC or anywhere within 30 miles of the San Diego Naval Base, or the Norfolk Naval base...I could go on and on since I have moved about 15 times since I've been married...
OHHHH! I just realized YOU are next!! Congrats tou you and Doug!!
Congrats on the new job. That face in the last photo cracks me up!
CONGRATS DOUG!
Also - I think you can safely say YOU ARE NEXT!! It looks like referrals are getting through 11/1. Sorry they did not get to you this time - but I am quite sure you will be next. I am so happy for you.
Congrats on the new job Doug! I hope you have many happy year there!!!
Congrats on the new job! My hubs commutes as well! Also how about that stork! Looks like we could be next??
Post a Comment