April 16, 2007

New Doll

My mom came to my house to see Briana's finished nursery on Friday, and she brought me this beautiful angel doll. The doll plays "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and her head moves as the music plays. She is so cute! I know Briana will love her, and I will play this doll for her all of the time.

I feel a very deep sadness when I listen to music boxes, especially ones that play children's tunes. When the soft jingle starts, I feel like crying. I can't help it. The melody that comes from a music box sounds like a lullaby, and it reminds me my miscarriage and my baby in China. Knowing this about me, my mom bought this doll and held on to it for over a year and a half. Because my referral is so close now and the baby's room is basically done, she felt it was the time to give it to me. And she was right, the doll fits in Briana's nursery perfectly. I know when Briana comes home, music boxes will bring happy tears instead of sad ones!

Thank you so much Mom - love you!

18 Kind Words:

C's Mom said...

What a sweet gift!

You're not kidding those will be happy tears :0)

Roy and Lori said...

Just stopped by to say hello!

Have a great night,
Roy and Lori

http://our-journey-to-gracie.blogspot.com

Jill and Jaap said...

What a sweet doll! Love the nursery too!

Pug Mama said...

so pretty!
I was going to say what Connie said about them turning into happy tears

Stephanie said...

Very, sweet doll and mom you have :).

Colleen said...

What a really nice gift. The doll is so cute. Please find a way to make the tears happy. :-)

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Aw, how sweet!

Anonymous said...

OMG, we had one of these when Jazzie was first home. She played with it so much, that it eventually broke and we got rid of it. A very sweet gift...

Georgia said...

What a sweet Mom! And a pretty Doll. It will be soon....really!

Special K said...

So precious. I hope your referral comes before you know it.

LedaP said...

I have one of these! I have the little Chinese one that plays a Chinese melody! I bought it in February just before I left for China. Maybe if you get a Chinese one to sit with your little angel one, the two little "dolls" together won't make you feel so sad :)

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Hang in there. Your tears will make Briana all the more special. She is going to love that doll and her room, but most of all, she is going to love it that she has a mommy who wanted her more than anything her heart can imagine.
Praying for good news to come soon.

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

What a special gift. Isn't it funny how little things make you want to tear up. Your sad tears will turn to happy ones soon and I can't wait!!

Okay, don't laugh but every time I hear the X-mas song Little Drummer Boy, I get the same way. It's my favorite X-mas song but it still gets to me every time.

I can't believe I just told you that!

Kim said...

It won't be long before Briana will be holding her dolly and your life will overflow with happy tears

kitchu said...

Awww. That is such a sweet gift!

Anonymous said...

Love the dollie! Just to let you know, Isabelle has a dollie kind of like that, and boy does she LOVE it! We used to play it at night after I left the room and it seemed to make her feel secure. Way to go, mom! Great gift!

Janet T.

4D said...

What a precious doll. Soon that music will bring you joy as you gaze upon your little one playing with the doll.

Keep smiln!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet doll to have ready and waiting for precious Briana!

(And I think it is so cool how you encorporated your ticker AND a slide show into the header of your blog! That is the first slide show I have seen IN a blog's header!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails