
Welcome to the desk in my office, otherwise known as adoption headquarters or blogger central. Can you tell that Doug has very little to do with his room? It is definitely a girly room/desk. I know, I know - I have feathery fru fru lamps. I saw them a few years ago and had to buy them. Don't know why I like them, but I do. I would never put these lamps anywhere else in my house because I actually am very contemporary when it comes to decorating. But this is my space, so fru fru it is.

My desk is actually more of a writing desk that doubles as a computer desk. It has thin legs, and I bought the file cabinet to match. Funny story...I bought a desk from Haverty's that I absolutely loved. On delivery day, I didn't realize that the door to my office was too narrow for the desk to fit through, so the delivery guys had to take it back. How embarrassing is that? So I went back out and hunted down another desk (which I found at Woodstock Outlet) in which the legs could come off so it could fit through the friggin' doorway.

Doug bought me one of those "old time" looking phones for Christmas a few years ago, and since I don't have caller ID on the phone itself, Doug got me the coolest caller ID box. It lights up four different colors, so from across the room, you can tell who is calling. Don't get on my bad side, I will make your number red! I don't answer red! LOL!
I love my flat screen computer monitor because it takes up such little space on the desk. There is a picture of China taped to the wall right above my desk and a red magazine holder on the desk which I use to hold folders with all my adoption info. I have a picture of my wedding party, a pic of Doug when we first started dating and a pic of me and friends Kathy and Mick that we took last Christmas. On the left you will see a photo scanner - which I have scanned a ton of old pictures on. My current computer desktop background is a picture of the parasols at the Wynn Hotel in Vegas, and my mouse pad is fifties retro. Cute huh?

So, there it is. My fru fru desk. It is girly and somewhat cluttered, but it is all mine!

16 Kind Words:
Lovin' you space! Can't wait to see pictures of a little one plucking those lampshades :0)
your adoption headquarters rock! Thanks for sharing
I just love your adoption headquarters! The caller ID box is great!
Doug didn't pick that color???? :) Everything is very, very nice. If I had a nice spot like that I might blog more:).
What a lovely girly space!! It's looks cosy and serene! I could NEVER blog mine! My husband is doing his masters degree so there are piles of books everywhere - there is a mix of new and old compter parts and we share the office, which is also a craft room and sewing / ironing room. Akkk! I need my own space! :o)
Cute space! Love those lamps. Mine is a cluttered mess. So I use laptop and sit on the couch!
Good lord... that's not cluttered!!! I barely have room for a coffee cup on my desk!
Love the lamps, I think it makes the desk very balanced, and very welcoming! Pretty!
I WANT ONE OF THOSE CALLER ID BOXES!!!! I love your desk! Very nice!
I love the fru fru lamps!! Right now my "desk space" is on my lap laying on the couch...LOL!
Love your desk! It is so pretty
and organized!
Take care and have a good night!
Cute - like a PC Powder Desk!
It's an adorable space! I love lamps and I have some like that, you can never have to many little fru fru lamps!
I'm with Colleen, right now my desktop is laying on the couch with my coffee cup on table, not pretty, but it's comfy.
I love the girly-ness! It makes me want to decorate my office girly.
You are very organized! It's fun to imagine you sitting there reading RQ like the rest of us!
Thanks for playing!
LOVE your space... clean, open, warm...
I guess I would have to show a picture of my big fat lap......
I only get to catch up on my blogger friends after Olivia goes down now (or if Kirk takes her for me)
Love your space
Deb
Pretty, pretty, pretty. You are a great decorator!
Post a Comment