October 12, 2012

A Week In Fashion

My girl loves clothes, jewelry and shoes - she is a total fashionista. She has a big opinion on what she wears and it usually requires some sort of sparkle.

 Briana's whole future is already planned out in front of her. She told me one day that she is going to go to fashion design school in New York for college. When she becomes a famous fashion designer she is going to make fashion that no one in her family will have to pay for (not a penny, nickel or dime). And she will travel all over the world including China. When she gets bored traveling all over the world, she plans to go live in Paris. 

Her plan didn't involve any sort of romance (which is fine), but I decided to ask her a few days later about her plan and told her that she never mentioned getting married. She explained to me that she will find a husband in Paris, but he will have to speak English. She cracks me up every single day.

So here is our week in fashion.

Monday - lots of sparkle...

(And for some reason, she keeps doing this #1 sort of pose. I think she learned it from the other kids in school.)

Tuesday - crazy hat/silly sock day.  The class got enough Boosterthon donations to warrant this very special activity...



Wednesday - purple with sparkles and feather earrings. Bri fell in love with this shirt in the store and had to have it.

As you can plainly see, Bri loves to pose for these pictures. And she goes for both glasses and no glasses type shots...




Thursday - Boosterthon Day. Oversized Boosterthon t-shirt and sweats (because it was really cold that morning). And she requested braids. She looks so stinkin' cute in braids...

 Lastly Friday - Halloween spirit!

(And I have a sneaker disclaimer - Briana would most likely not wear sneakers if she had a choice. She has to wear them on P.E. days. She would much rather wear boots or something with a small heel. :D)


I was always a fashionista growing up too. I loved to match my outfits and always had lots of jewelry on. I actually contemplated becoming a fashion coordinator/buyer when I was a teenager. There are so many times I kick myself for not pursuing it. 

So if you can tell, I am really enjoying a daughter that loves fashion the way I did.

We are seriously meant for each other.

3 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

I can see her "making in in NY"!!!!

Debbie said...

Meant to say "making IT in NY!!!"

Julie said...

OMG - too funny! Maybe our girls can share an appartment in NY - Naomi is also going to be a fashion designer but only as a sideline to her career as a rock star. Lol. Love the disclaimer - our school has PE 5 days a week so the kids' indoor and outdoor shoes have to be sneakers all the time! Love the sparkles Bri!

Related Posts with Thumbnails