October 7, 2012

Back To Reality Week

Monday morning, Briana had to get up at 6:15AM in order to get ready to start her week. Luckily, I laid out the outfit she found over fall break (and fell in love with) to wear that morning, so she was feeling quite happy and pretty that morning. And she was still happy despite the very rainy day we had.



Tuesday morning, the sky started to finally clear and it looked like this.

I offered to go in and volunteer on Tuesday in Bri's classroom around noon. Unfortunately, Bri's teacher didn't realize the Boosterthon fundraiser pep rally was happening that afternoon and I got an e-mail from her about it 30 minutes before I was heading over to the school. She said that what I was scheduled to come in to do was obviously not going to happen after all. She gave me the option to still come or postpone my visit. I had already promised Bri I would go in, so I decided to go and check out the pep rally. Bri was really happy I came to school. That rally was LOUD! I forgot how loud pep rallies can get. And now I am sure they are even louder because I am a bit older than when I used to attend them.

Briana will be doing her fun run next week...

The theme of the Boosterthon this year is "Highway USA", so each class gets to decorate their classroom door in the theme. Bri's teacher came up with the idea that the kids should bring in pictures of their favorite vacation places across the U.S. to place on the door. The room moms put the door together and it turned out so good. Of course, I picked Disney World for Briana...

Tuesday afternoon, I helped Bri with her first book report. She picked "Power Rangers Samuri - The New Ranger." She loves that Gold Ranger...

Wednesday afternoon, Briana went to PSR and it was the annual "Animal Blessing" Day. Once again, the church had a small parade go around the parking lot and parents with their furry children arrived to be blessed...



After PSR, Briana and I had a girls dinner out. Chinese food, of course! Daddy was out of town most of the week, so it was just the two of us...


This is proof that my daughter skips everywhere. When the other kids are walking into school, she is skipping. It is so tiring sometimes trying to keep up with her...


Thursday, Doug was heading home from his business trip and we texted a couple of Bri pictures to him...

Here she is blowing him a kiss...

And Bri and I put out our autumn scarecrows. Bri picked these out - a mommy, daddy and little kid. Just like our little family. So cute...

So that was our week!

Now we are counting down the days to Halloween!!!

2 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

You look like you enjoyed your "girls only week"!

Tracy said...

Love the scarecrow family of 3! Where did you get her adorable pink outfit?

Related Posts with Thumbnails