October 1, 2012

Mid-Autumn Moon Festival Festivities

The Mid-Autumn Moon Festival landed this past weekend and I am very grateful to our local FCC (FCCA) for putting together the annual picnic to celebrate the occasion.

Briana picked out this Chinese silk dress to wear to the picnic...

We arrived at the center and Briana had her fan and lantern in hand...

First, Briana and her friend Kira headed inside to make a hand-crafted lantern...

And friend Emma joined us too...

Look what I made!

After some lantern making, we headed to the lawn to eat dinner. Here are Briana and Emma...


Hula hoops were available for some hooping fun... 

I brought along one of Bri's small China dresses for Kira to wear...



There was a ball through the hoop game and also a marshmallow and chopsticks game...

The sun started going down and Briana turned on her lantern. I got this adorable lantern at Target. They were really being sold for July 4th, but I knew it was perfect for this occasion...

I had one for Kira too...



The lanterns were so bright, Briana and Kira were asked to lead the parade of lanterns...


Group photo opp!!!



The moon finally started to make an appearance toward the end of the picnic...


It was beautiful and bright...

On Sunday, Briana and I baked moon cookies (in jammies)! I didn't do it from scratch this year, I just bought some sugar cookie dough. But they were still yummy! 

We still put some jelly on some...


Bri watched them bake in the oven...

Bri wanted to make some crescent moons and half moons as well this year...


She was very pleased with the results!

So that was our moon-filled weekend!

I am going to recap our vacation week in my next few posts - so stayed tuned!!!

2 Kind Words:

Donna said...

It was great to see you again this year! Briana is getting so big so fast- slow her down :)

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a fun night!!! So glad you got to spend time with Bev! And I saw Donna's kids in the pics. So sweet!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails