October 24, 2012

St. Rose Of Lima

Here is my adorable little saint - St. Rose Of Lima. All Saints' Day is next week (on Nov 1st), but there won't be class next Wednesday because it falls on Halloween. So last week, Bri's PSR/Catholic school teacher asked the kids to dress up and put together a poster presentation on the saint of their choice to present to the class today.

I helped Briana do a little research and we came to an agreement on St. Rose. Briana loves flowers, so I knew the patron saint of gardeners, florists and needle workers was a perfect fit.

Here she is on Tuesday night for our little dress rehearsal...



I used two pillow cases, a black jacket from my closet, rosary beads and some fake roses I taped together to make a crown...

Right before class today, I had her pose with her poster. I helped with the top writing and printing out the pictures for the poster, but I make her write all the other text. It was good practice for her...




She was so cute, I could hardly stand it! And she said she felt so beautiful. :D

Briana said her presentation went really well today!

I was a bit disappointed to learn today that only three kids in Bri's PSR class (including Briana) actually dressed up as a saint. And Bri has over 20 kids in her class. The teacher did request it last week. And though she did say they didn't absolutely have to dress up, she really seemed to want them to do so. I personally enjoyed helping Bri put together this project. And Briana was really excited to be able to dress up too. It is kind of sad the other kids didn't get the same opportunity.

I am sure she will be asked to dress up again next year and I am sure Bri will want to dress up again! She has dressed as Mary and now St. Rose - I wonder who she will be next year?!

1 Kind Words:

dawn said...

Lisa, she looks adorable. You did an amazing job.
I started to giggle when I saw her at first cos she just looks so danged cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails